At Pontifex Physiotherapy we are proud to support our up and coming baseball players within our community. Our throwing assessment is designed for baseball players of all ages and talent levels. This assessment is used to assess any potential injury risk factors as well as any performance leaks through their throwing mechanics.
The Assessment Includes:
- Initial Assessment is a 3 step process:
- First session Physical Evaluation in the clinic.
- Second session is a throwing assessment on the baseball field or at Grand Slam Hitting Facility.
- Third session is a review with the slow motion video analysis, Rapsodo ™ velocity/spin rate data. This is also where we plan out your throwing program and what possible technique changes may be needed. This approach gives us the best chance of long-term success with less injuries and improved performance.
- Data analysis of your throwing sessions such as velocity, spin rate and maximum extension*
- Prescribed drills aimed at developing efficient movement patterns to gain the most out of your throwing motion
- Individualised throwing program designed at increasing arm strength in the off-season and maintaining arm strength in-season
*Data analysis measures will be determined on a case by case basis depending on where the athlete is situated in regards to their season. Maximum velocity testing wont be performed if we deem that it would be unsafe and detrimental to the athlete’s health.
- Costs are per standard physiotherapy charges (Initial evaluation for first session, follow up sessions per standard consultation rates). All per practitioner rates.
- Each session is available for Private Health Insurance Rebate*
Please call or email us to discuss any further questions you may have or setup your throwing assessment.
Phone: (02) 8515 0326
*Private Health Rebates will vary depending on your coverage. We do have a HICAPS terminal for immediate claim