Senior Strength And Conditioning
At Pontifex Physiotherapy we are proud to support our 50yrs+ patients with setting them up for a physically active future. This is why we have developed a Learn To Lift Program for ages 50+. This program will develop skills and fundamental principles of lifting weights. Everyone that completes the program will walk away with the confidence to continue developing these new skills and valuable lessons helping to keep physically active throughout life.
Why is Strength Training Important?
- Increasing strength leads to better coordination, memory, cognition, bone density and decreasing pain levels due to joint problems!
- Strength training also has positive effects on chronic illnesses such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Research shows Gains In Strength Of Up To 100% in people aged 80-100 who start resistance exercise in only 10 weeks!
- In another study, Increases in muscle cross-sectional area were measured to Increase 13% In 10 Weeks.
- Compare it with the Inactive Group Who’s Muscle Size Decreased 16% In The Same Timeframe, the difference is staggering.
- So whether you want to drive the ball further in golf or find things a bit easier while travelling, resistance training is a fun and safe way to improve your strength, balance and overall performance.
The Package Includes:
- 6 x 40mins gym based sessions with instruction from physiotherapists with experience in strength and conditioning
- Key exercises aimed at developing functional strength for injury prevention.
- Learn lifelong skills in lifting weights in key exercise movements
- Individualised Home exercise program included and upgraded weekly with an video-based exercise app (Physitrack)
- Video analysis of key exercises to ensure you are performing the exercises correctly in the gym or at home
- Each session is available for Private Health Insurance Rebate*
- Initial session will include full body assessment as well as begin lifting instructional training.
- All 6 sessions to be booked on sign-up day to receive the discounted rate
Key Exercise You Will Learn and Become Competent In Performing:
- Warm-up routine
- Front or Back Squats
- Shoulder Press and/or Rows
- Additional exercises may be included depending on your initial assessment or your goals.
At the conclusion of this program, clients will be confident to continue a lifting program either with a home gym setup or at a commercial gym. The best benefit for clients is that they will gain lifelong lifting skills and understanding how our body is designed to move. This will help reduce the risk of potential significant back, neck and shoulder injuries that plague today’s society.
No matter what your goals are, our physiotherapists can help you to achieve them.
If you are new to Pontifex Physiotherapy, please call or email us to discuss any further questions you may have or setup your 6 sessions.
Phone: (02) 8515 0326